Apply to be a member of a government board or committee

Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.


  1. Complete the application.
  2. Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
  3. Submit your completed application and resume.
    In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
    Government of Yukon
    Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

How members are selected

Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.

School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.

Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:

  • Yukon Development Corporation
  • Yukon Energy Corporation
  • Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
  • Yukon Lottery Commission
  • Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
  • Yukon Arts Advisory Council
  • Yukon Utilities Board
  • Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
  • Yukon Human Rights Commission

Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.

Are members paid an honorarium for serving?

We pay an honorarium to members of some boards and committees. This is to recognize their service. It isn't intended to replace income a member could have earned by not serving on the board or committee.