- Determine if you’re eligible
- Complete the application form
- Provide all other required supporting documents
- Submit your complete application package
Determine if you’re eligible
All student pharmacists practising in Yukon must register and hold a Yukon licence.
Apply for a student pharmacist licence if:
- you’re currently enrolled in an accredited pharmacy program in Canada; and
- plan to use the title of student pharmacist in Yukon.
We accept and process new applications on an ongoing basis. But you must renew your licence every year that you’re enrolled as a student. All student pharmacist licences expire annually on March 31.
You can register and apply for a student pharmacist licence if you meet all the following requirements.
- You are currently enrolled in an approved pharmacy degree program at a Canadian university.
- The university has approved and will monitor your student practicum in Yukon
If you’ve had any complaints, disciplinary or criminal action against you, please note:
- we will assess your eligibility for registration or licensure on a case-by-case basis; and
- you may not be approved for registration or licensing.
Complete the application form
Provide all other required supporting documents
You must also provide the following with your application.
Current photo ID
- Provide 1 copy of a piece of photo ID.
- The ID must be issued by a territorial, provincial or federal government body.
- The ID must show your current legal name.
- We do not accept a healthcare card as a form of ID.
Criminal record checks
We require a Canadian criminal record and vulnerable sector check from all applicants.
- Visit your local RCMP or police detachment to request a check.
- The RCMP or police must complete the check no more than 90 days before you submit your application.
International criminal record check
We only require this from applicants who have:
- lived in a jurisdiction outside Canada within the 6 months before applying for this licence; or
- practised pharmacy outside Canada.
Proof of this check must be dated no more than 90 days before your application.
Contact Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs for more information.
Letter of endorsement
We require this letter from all student applicants.
- Request a letter of endorsement from the program director at your university.
- The letter should include:
- your name;
- the name of the institution;
- the name of your program director at the university;
- your current program year;
- a statement formally endorsing you to practice in Yukon;
- the name of the pharmacy you will train at in Yukon;
- the name of your direct supervisor at the Yukon pharmacy; and
- confirmation you are covered under your university program’s liability insurance for the duration of your Yukon practicum.
- Have the university send this letter directly to Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- We do not accept letters of endorsement submitted by applicants.
Certificate(s) of standing
We require this from all licence applicants.
A certificate of standing is an official document that includes:
- your registration and licensing history;
- any limits and restrictions on your licence; and
- any disciplinary action against you.
Ask the regulatory body of each jurisdiction you're licensed in to provide a certificate.
- You must provide a certificate for each jurisdiction.
- Each certificate must be dated no more than 90 days before your application.
- Have the regulatory body send the certificate(s) directly to Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- We do not accept certificates of standing submitted by applicants.
Submit your complete application package
Prepare your application package
Your complete application package must include:
- your completed application form; and
- all supporting documents.
We typically process applications within 10 business days. We'll confirm you've met all legal requirements before issuing a licence. We may return your application if you’ve not provided all the required documentation.
How to submit
- In person or by courier at 307 Black Street, Whitehorse, Y1A 2N1. We're open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 867-667-3609
Government of Yukon
Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2C6
For questions about applying for a student pharmacist licence, email email@example.com, or phone 867-667-5111, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5111.