- Learn about the Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee Grant for Yukon sport governing bodies
- How to apply
- Funding decision process
- Funding accountability
Learn about the Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee Grant for Yukon sport governing bodies
Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee (YRAC) funding for Yukon Sport Governing Bodies (YSGB) is available in 4 categories.
- Athlete development
- Leadership development
- Administration or organizational development
- Special project or community development (special projects)
The application is due April 9, 2020.
The Government of Yukon, in partnership with the Yukon Lottery Commission and Sport Canada, is proud to support the sport & recreation community with 1.1 million in funding for the 2019/20 fiscal year.
This annual funding supports the operation of sport governing bodies, special recreation groups and individual athletes and coaches who have shown a high degree of performance in their sport.
In order to be eligible, the Yukon sport governing body must meet the following criteria.
- It is the single governing authority for the sport in Yukon.
- It has a volunteer leadership structure that is democratically elected by the membership at an annual general meeting.
- The body:
- is incorporated under the Yukon Societies Act;
- has a constitution; and
- has bylaws and is in good standing.
- It prepares an annual financial statement and budget.
- It has plans and policies as identified in the YRAC grant application.
- It collects membership fees to help subsidize member services and the organization generates funds through its own fundraising efforts.
- It hosts an annual Yukon championship.
How to apply
- Complete the grant application form.
- Complete the profile information form.
- Include in your submission:
- YRAC grant application form;
- Profile information form; and
- Affiliate verification forms (if applicable).
- Submit your application.
In person: 4061 4th Avenue, Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Email: signed and scanned documents can be emailed to Trevor.Twardochleb@gov.yk.ca
Government of Yukon
Yukon Sport and Recreation Branch(C-10)
Funding decision process
Members of Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee are appointed by the Minister of Community Services.
The committee reviews the applications and makes funding recommendations to the Minister for approval.
Applicants are notified of the results within 6 weeks of the funding adjudication meetings. These are usually held the end of May.