- About the grant
- How to apply
- Funding decision process
- Funding accountability
About the grant
Funding for Yukon special recreation groups (YSRG) is available for 5 categories:
- participant development;
- leadership development;
- administration or organizational development;
- special project or community development; and
- facility operations and maintenance.
In order to be eligible to receive funding, a Yukon special recreation group must:
- be the single governing authority for the group’s activity in Yukon;
- have a membership that elects its volunteer leaders at an annual general meeting;
- be incorporated under the Yukon Societies Act, have a constitution, and bylaws and is in good standing;
- prepare an annual financial statement and budget;
- have plans and policies as identified in the YRAC grant application;
- collect membership dues to help subsidize member services; and
- generate significant funds through self-help.
The Sports and Recreation Branch has the authority to recognize organizations which:
- meet all criteria;
- have a history of significant and strong territorial membership; and
- have viable sister organizations in a minimum of 1 other territory or province.
How to apply
- Complete the application form.
- Ensure the form is signed by representatives of the Yukon special recreation group.
- Submit the form to the Sport and Recreation Branch:
In person: 4061 4th Avenue in Whitehorse.
We are open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Sport and Recreation Branch (C-10)
Funding decision process
Members of YRAC are appointed by the Minister of Community Services. YRAC reviews the applications and makes funding recommendations to the Minister for approval.
Applicants are notified of the results within 6 weeks of the funding adjudication meetings. These are typically held the end of May.
If you have questions about applying for a Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee grant, email email@example.com or phone 867-667-3778 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 extension 3778.