- What can the funding be used for?
- Eligibility for officials
- How to apply
- Funding decision process
- Post-season report
What can the funding be used for?
Leadership development opportunities that qualify include:
- officials courses not offered in Yukon;
- learning facilitator or course conductor training; and
- other approved training or upgrading, provided the person has acquired provincial level certification for that sport.
Eligible expenses include:
- accommodations and meals; and
- course registration fees.
The Government of Yukon, in partnership with the Yukon Lottery Commission and Sport Canada, is proud to support the sport & recreation community with 1.1 million in funding for the 2019/20 fiscal year.
This annual funding supports the operation of sport governing bodies, special recreation groups and individual athletes and coaches who have shown a high degree of performance in their sport.
Eligibility for officials
- A Canadian citizen.
- A permanent resident of Canada.
- A person whose family is in Canada on a work visa, and be a resident of Yukon for at least 1 year prior to application.
- A member of their appropriate Yukon sport governing body.
- Actively involved in officiating in that sport in Yukon.
- Responsible to their Yukon sport governing body with regard to following through with their commitments and accountability for funding support received.
- Be certified at a provincial level and be striving to upgrade their level of certification.
- Willing to share information with other Yukon officials.
Applicants must be aware that:
- they are on an executive of a sport governing body must have a signature of another executive member.
- an official may apply for only one sport per year.
- the funds may complement assistance available from other sources, but must not be used to duplicate assistance already available from other sources. These sources can include National Sport Organizations, Yukon sport governing bodies, Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee.
How to apply
- Complete the application
- Submit your application:
In person to 4061 4th Avenue in Whitehorse.
Our office is open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Email: Signed and scanned documents can be emailed to Trevor.Twardochleb@gov.yk.ca
Government of Yukon
Sport and Recreation Branch (C-10)
Funding decision process
Applicants are notified of the results within 6 weeks of the funding adjudication meetings. There are typically held the end of May.