- What can you use this funding for?
- Eligibility criteria
- How to apply
- Funding decision process
- Post-season report
What can you use this funding for?
Eligible leadership development opportunities
- Officials courses not offered in Yukon
- Learning facilitator or course conductor training
- Other approved training or upgrading, provided the person has acquired provincial level certification for that sport
- Accommodations and meals
- Course registration fees
- A Canadian citizen.
- A permanent resident of Canada.
- A person whose family is in Canada on a work visa, and be a resident of Yukon for at least 1 year prior to application.
- A member of their appropriate Yukon sport governing body.
- Actively involved in officiating in that sport in Yukon.
- Responsible to their Yukon sport governing body with regard to following through with their commitments and accountability for funding support received.
- Be certified at a provincial level and be striving to upgrade their level of certification.
- Willing to share information with other Yukon officials.
Applicants must be aware that:
- they are on an executive of a sport governing body must have a signature of another executive member;
- an official may apply for only one sport per year; and
- the funds may complement assistance available from other sources, but must not be used to duplicate assistance already available from other sources. These sources can include national sport organizations, Yukon sport governing bodies, and the Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee.
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form.
- Submit your application:
In person to 4061 4th Avenue in Whitehorse.
We're open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Email: signed and scanned documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Government of Yukon
Sport and Recreation Branch (C-10)
Funding decision process
We notify applicants of the results within 6 weeks of the funding adjudication meetings. These are typically held the end of May.
If you have questions about the Yukon High Performance Officials Assistance Program, email email@example.com, or phone 867-667-5606, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5606.