- About the grant
- What can you use this funding for?
- Eligibility criteria
- How to apply
- Funding decision process
- Post-season report
About the grant
The Yukon High Performance Official Assistance Program provides funding assistance to selected officials in the Yukon.
The funding is provided to assist officials with certification and upgrading opportunities.
Funding for this program is provided jointly by Government of Yukon Sport and Recreation Branch and Lotteries Yukon.
Approved funding amounts usually range from $500 to $2,000.
What can you use this funding for?
The funding can be used to offset the expense of attending a leadership development opportunity.
Eligible leadership development opportunities
- Officials courses not offered in Yukon
- Learning facilitator or course conductor training
- Other approved training or upgrading, provided the person has acquired provincial level certification for that sport
- Accommodations and meals
- Course registration fees
Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or a person whose family is in Canada on a work visa, and will be a resident of Yukon for at least 1 year prior to application.
- A member of their appropriate Yukon sport governing body.
- Actively involved in officiating in that sport in Yukon.
- Responsible to their Yukon sport governing body with regard to following through with their commitments and accountability for funding support received.
- Be certified at a provincial or territorial level and be striving to upgrade their level of certification.
- Willing to share information with other Yukon officials.
Applicants must be aware that:
- they are on an executive of a sport governing body must have a signature of another executive member;
- an official may apply for only one sport per year; and
- the funds may complement assistance available from other sources, but must not be used to duplicate assistance already available from other sources. These sources can include national sport organizations, Yukon sport governing bodies, and the Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee.
How to apply
Funding decision process
We notify applicants of the results within 6 weeks of the funding adjudication meetings. These are typically held the end of May.
Officials who receive a high performance grant must complete the post-season report by April 15 of the following year.
This report must include financial accountability, a description of the leadership development opportunity and plans for sharing information.
If you have questions about the Yukon High Performance Officials Assistance Program, email email@example.com, or phone 867-667-5606, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5606.