Carcross Housing Advisory Board

  • About the Carcross Housing Advisory Board
  • Apply to be a member
  • Current members

  1. About the Carcross Housing Advisory Board

    The Advisory Board manages, operates and administers Rental/Purchase and public housing and any other project in Carcross assigned to it from time to time by the Commissioner in Executive Council. Subject to ratification by the Commissioner, the Advisory Board may from time to time enter into agreements relating to the management, operation and administration of any additional housing projects constructed in Carcross pursuant to the National Housing Act.

    Authority: Housing Corporation Act, section 45, Carcross  Housing Advisory Board Regulation
    Type: advisory
    Appointment process: Order-In-Council
    Requirements: no legislated requirements required to join.
    Term: 3 years
    Meetings: 3 to 12 times per year
    Department: Yukon Housing Corporation
    Honoraria: $75 per day

  2. Apply to be a member

    Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.


    1. Complete the application.
    2. Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
    3. Submit your completed application and resume.
      In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
      Government of Yukon
      Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
      Box 2703
      Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

    How members are selected

    Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.

    School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.

    Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:

    • Yukon Development Corporation
    • Yukon Energy Corporation
    • Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
    • Yukon Lottery Commission
    • Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
    • Yukon Arts Advisory Council
    • Yukon Utilities Board
    • Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
    • Yukon Human Rights Commission

    Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.

  3. Current members
    • Dale Colbran, member from October 10, 2019 to October 9, 2022


For questions about the Carcross Housing Advisory Board phone 867-821-4281, or fax 867-821-3806, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 4281.