- About the Carcross Housing Advisory Board
- Apply to be a member of the Carcross Housing Advisory Board
- Current members
About the Carcross Housing Advisory Board
The Advisory Board manages, operates and administers Rental/Purchase and public housing and any other project in Carcross assigned to it from time to time by the Commissioner in Executive Council. Subject to ratification by the Commissioner, the Advisory Board may from time to time enter into agreements relating to the management, operation and administration of any additional housing projects constructed in Carcross pursuant to the National Housing Act.
Authority: Housing Corporation Act, section 45, Carcross Housing Advisory Board Regulation
Appointment process: Order-In-Council
Requirements: no legislated requirements required to join.
Term: 3 years
Meetings: 3 to 12 times per year
Department: Yukon Housing Corporation
Honoraria: $75 per day
Apply to be a member of the Carcross Housing Advisory Board
Any Yukon resident is eligible to apply to serve on a government board or committee.
- Complete the application.
- Prepare a brief resume. This should include information relevant for sitting on the board or committee.
- Submit your completed application and resume.
In person: Inquiry Desk at 2071 Second Avenue in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Address your envelope "Attention: Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)"
Government of Yukon
Boards and Committees Secretariat (CM-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
How members are selected
Members are appointed by a Minister, Cabinet or the Legislative Assembly.
School board and school council members can be elected or, in some cases, appointed.
Appointments to these boards are based on standing committee recommendations:
- Yukon Development Corporation
- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Yukon Lottery Commission
- Yukon Recreation Advisory Committee
- Yukon Arts Advisory Council
- Yukon Utilities Board
- Yukon Council on the Economy and the Environment
- Yukon Human Rights Commission
Some boards and committees members are required to hold certain professional qualifications or affiliations.
- Dale Colbran, member from October 10, 2019 to October 9, 2022
- Janet Constable-Rushant, member from March 21, 2018, to March 20, 2021
- Ronald Des Jardin, member from August 24, 2017, to August 23, 2020
- Skoehoeteen Mattthies, member March 17, 2017, to March 16, 2020
- Tammie O'Connor, member from February 15, 2018, to February 14, 2021
For questions about the Carcross Housing Advisory Board phone 867-821-4281, or fax 867-821-3806, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 4281.