This information is subject to change without notice. Visit Yukon.ca/COVID-19 to see the latest updates, find closures, and use the self-assessment tool.
If you think you're sick
Do not go to the hospital or health centre. Phone 811.
Testing in Yukon
Confirmed cases in Yukon: 11
Negative tests: 1,217
Pending results: 4
Total tested: 1,232
A state of emergency was declared on March 27, 2020.
- The respiratory assessment centre is closed. Testing will take place at the Whitehorse General Hospital emergency room.
- Yukoners can now choose 1 other household to join up with and do not have to practise physical distancing with people in that household. This is called the “double bubble". Once you choose your bubble, you cannot change it. Learn more: https://yukon.ca/en/news/may-19-2020-covid-19-update
Travel and borders
- Anyone entering Yukon must check in with an Enforcement or Canada Border Services Agency Officer and provide their destination, contact information and declaration. Everyone entering Yukon must self-isolate for 14 days.
- The Canada-US border is closed to non-essential travel.
- People in Atlin, Lower Post, Fraser, Jade City, Fireside or Pleasant Camp are exempt from the 14-day self-isolation period, if they have not travelled outside of Yukon or their home community in the past 14 days.
- Territorial campgrounds are open. Travelers transiting through Yukon may not camp or stop at territorial campgrounds. Camping during COVID is different. Learn more: www.Yukon.ca/camping
Businesses and financial relief
- The Governments of Yukon and Canada have taken steps to support local workers and businesses: https://yukon.ca/en/covid-19-support-yukoners
- Disability Services families are receiving additional funding to support them during COVID-19. Learn more: https://yukon.ca/en/news/disability-services-families-receive-additional...
- Updated guidance for critical and essential service delivery was released. Learn more: https://yukon.ca/en/news/june-5-2020-covid-19-update
- The Government of Canada launched a hotline for entrepreneurs, small business owners (including not for profit charities) and organizations to help navigate these uncertain times. People with pressing financial needs can call 1-866-989-1080 to speak with an accountant or financial advisor.
- The Government of Yukon is on track to begin Phase II of the plan to ease COVID-19 restrictions on July 1: https://yukon.ca/en/news/easing-covid-19-restrictions-continues-details-.... Read more details about Phase II: https://yukon.ca/en/news/easing-covid-19-restrictions-continues-details-...
- If you have a question about borders, travel or enforcement, or want to report a CEMA violation, email email@example.com or phone 1-877-374-0425.
- Face-to-face classes are on track to resume for the 2020-21 school year for Kindergarten through Grade 12. Learn more: https://yukon.ca/en/news/face-face-classes-track-resume-2020-21-school-year
Download this public update as a PDF or print this page.
If you have a question phone toll-free 1-877-374-0425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.