This information is subject to change without notice. Visit Yukon.ca/COVID-19 for the latest updates and to self-assess.
If you think you are sick
Do not go to the hospital or health centre. Phone 811.
Testing in Yukon
Confirmed cases in Yukon: 2
Negative tests: 244
Pending results: 172
Completed tests: 418
A Public Health Emergency was declared on March 18, 2020.
- You can self-assess to decide whether you should be tested for COVID-19 at Yukon.ca/COVID-19.
- A respiratory assessment centre is being set up in Whitehorse for people with acute respiratory illness, such as influenza or COVID-19, who need medical assessment.
- Whitehorse General Hospital has suspended all scheduled, non-urgent surgeries. Urgent surgery and emergency care will continue.
- No visitors are allowed at Yukon hospitals, with few exceptions. Learn more at Yukon.ca/COVID-19.
Travel and borders
- The Canada-U.S. border is closed to non-essential travel. The border will remain open for trade and commerce. Avoid all international travel.
- Avoid non-essential travel into and out of Yukon, and travel to Yukon’s rural communities.
- If you have travelled outside Yukon in the last 14 days, you must self-isolate at home for 14 days.
- Gatherings over 10 people are not allowed. Do not attend any gatherings if you are aged 65 or older, have an underlying health condition, or work in healthcare or an essential service.
- Self-isolate if you are sick. Maintain a 2-metre spacing from others.
- Indoor recreation facilities and libraries are closed until further notice. Public school is suspended until April 15. See a list of closures, cancellations and facility restrictions at Yukon.ca/COVID-19.
Businesses and financial relief
- Restaurants must reduce their seating capacity by 50% and only offer take-out and delivery by March 26. All bars are closed. Personal service establishments must close by end of day, March 25.
- The Governments of Yukon and Canada have taken steps to support local workers and businesses. Visit Yukon.ca/Work to learn more about these measures.
If you have a question, email firstname.lastname@example.org.