File: annual report for limited partnership formed outside Yukon

  1. When to file your annual report
  2. How to prepare your documents
  3. Submit your documents and pay your fees
  4. After we receive your documents and payment

  1. When to file your annual report

    A limited partnership needs to file an annual report with the registrar. This can be no later than the last day of the month after its registration anniversary.

    For example, the registration anniversary is June 1, so the partnership must file its return by July 31 that year.

  2. How to prepare your documents

    When it’s time to prepare your annual report, download and complete Form 19 ‒ Annual report limited partnership formed outside Yukon.

    How to fill out the form

    The information you provide on the form must be legible. Also make sure you complete each section.

    Section 1: Name of limited partnership

    The name must match with the name on file. If the limited partnership has a French name, then you must include the French name on the annual return.

    Section 2: Yukon registry number

    Include your Yukon registry number.

    Section 3: Nature of business

    Include the general nature of the business conducted in Yukon.

    Section 4: Business name

    Include the business name, if any, under which the limited partnership carries on business in Yukon. The name must also be registered under section 87 of the Partnership and Business Names Act.

    Section 5: Anniversary date

    Include your business anniversary date (the date certificate of limited partnership was filed in Yukon).

    Section 6: Registered office

    Include both the physical address and mailing address for your registered office in Yukon.

    Section 7: Registered office in home jurisdiction

    Include both the physical address and mailing address for your registered office in your business's home jurisdiction.

    Section 8: General partners

    Include the general partner or partners. If a general partner is not an individual, include the:

    • Yukon registry number; and
    • name and title of each individual signing for the general partner.

    Section 9: Name

    Include the name of the individual signing.

    Section 10: Title

    Include the title of the individual signing.

    Section 11: Validate home jurisdiction

    In this section, include the name of the home jurisdiction. “The limited partnership continues to be a valid and subsisting limited partnership in: (name of home jurisdiction)”. Sign your name.

    Section 12: Date

    Include the date the document was signed.

  3. Submit your documents and pay your fees

    After the form is completed, submit it along with the fee. The cost of filing an annual report for a limited partnership formed outside Yukon is $100.

    How to pay

    You can pay by:

    • cheque;
    • credit card;
    • cash; or
    • debit card.


    Provide a cheque in the appropriate amount made out to Government of Yukon.

    Credit card

    We accept Visa, Master Card and American Express payment at the office. If you send your documents by fax, email or mail, provide a phone number where we can reach you. This is so we can get your credit card information.

    Cash or debit

    Payment in cash or with a debit card can only be made in person at our office: 307 Black Street, 1st floor

    COVID-19 office operations

    Until further notice, because of the COVID-19 safety measures, our office is closed to the public.

    Deliver your documents to us

    We've installed a secure drop box at 307 Black Street, 1st floor. Copies of the most used forms in the entrance of the building between the outside and inside doors.

    When you put your forms in our secure drop box, you can include:

    • cash;
    • cheque; or
    • a payment information form to contact you for credit card payments.

    To pay with debit card, you'll have to make arrangements beforehand:

    1. Phone us: 867-667-5314
    2. Tell us a date and time when you can come to our office.
    3. Our staff will meet you in the entryway between the interior and exterior doors at the agreed-to time with a point-of-sale terminal.


  4. After we receive your documents and payment

    Processing time

    After we've accepted and filed all your documents, you'll receive a confirmation. The process can take up to 5 business days.

    Legal advice

    Staff at Corporate Affairs cannot provide any interpretation of legislation or operational advice of any sort regarding:

    • business corporations;
    • sole proprietorships;
    • partnerships;
    • cooperative associations; or
    • societies.

    If you need advice, talk with a professional such as a lawyer or an accountant.

    Our staff cannot provide legal advice or services. For legal matters, contact a lawyer or phone the Yukon Law Line: 867-668-5297, toll free 1-866-667-4305

    Business identifier numbers and taxes

    For information about business identifier numbers, taxes and charitable status, visit the Canada Revenue Agency.

    Business licences

    For information about business licences, phone the City of Whitehorse at 867-668-8346 or email


Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 307 Black Street, 1st floor in Whitehorse. 

Phone: 867-667-5314, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5314

Fax: 867-393-6251


Government of Yukon
Corporate Affairs (C-6)
Box 2703,
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6