The new Societies Act came into effect on April 1, 2021. Societies have until March 31, 2023, to transition to conform to the new Act.
This annual report form is only for societies that have fully transitioned.
When should a society file its annual report?
After a society has transitioned and completed its report on the transitional fiscal year, it must:
- file its annual report no later than 30 days after the annual general meeting (AGM). (Section 78(1) of the new Societies Act ); and
- have members review and approve financial statements for the year.
Forms required to be filed
- Form 4 - Annual report - Annual general meeting held
- Form 4.1 - Annual report - Annual general meeting not held
Important information for the new form
- date of the AGM;
- full contact details of the new board of directors appointed or elected at the AGM;
- names of those who have ceased to be a director: and
- any other information required by the regulations.
If your society has not yet transitioned and is required to file the information from the AGM under the former legislation, learn how to File your society's periodic reporting before and during the transitional fiscal year.