The new Societies Act came into effect on April 1, 2021. Societies have until March 31, 2023, to transition to conform to the new act.
This annual report form is only for societies that have fully transitioned.
When should a society file its annual report?
After a society has transitioned and completed its report on the transitional fiscal year, it must:
- file its annual report no later than 30 days after the annual general meeting (AGM). (Section 78(1) of the new Societies Act ); and
- have members review and approve financial statements for the year.
Important information for the new form:
- date of the AGM;
- full contact details of the new board of directors appointed or elected at the AGM;
- names of those who have ceased to be a director: and
- any other information required by the regulations.
You can access our drop box Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: 867-667-5314 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5314
Government of Yukon
Corporate Affairs (C-6)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6