The new Societies Act came into effect on April 1, 2021. Societies will have until March 31, 2023, to transition to conform to the new act.
When to file your annual report after April 1, 2021
Your society will continue to follow the regulations and timelines under the former Act until the end of its transitional fiscal year (Section 32 of new Societies Act regulation).
After the end of the transitional fiscal year, the annual report must be filed using the paper form prescribed under the former Act’s regulations.
No extension will be granted to delay holding general meetings until after the transitional fiscal year is completed and reported on.
What documents to submit for annual filings under the former legislation
- Annual report of Yukon society
- Notice of change of directors and officers
- Declaration of category C society
- Category B - members special resolution to waive review. There is no form. Contact us for more information, email email@example.com.
- Category A - registrar exemption to waive review. There is no form. Contact us for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial statements prepared in accordance to section 8 of Societies Regulations.
Filing notices: before completing and reporting the transitional fiscal year
File either of the following forms before the annual general meeting and before you report on the transitional fiscal year:
- a notice of change of address of registered office; or
- a notice of change of directors.
You must use the paper forms prescribed under the former regulations.
View the Societies Act
View the Societies Act Regulation