Change your society's fiscal year end

You must pass a special resolution to change your society’s fiscal year end (subsection 41(2) of the Societies Act). Find out how to pass a special resolution.

You also need to file a form with us. Once you file the form, your fiscal year end will change immediately to the one you’ve requested.  This means:

  • you might have a shorter or longer fiscal year than usual;
  • you might have a shorter or longer period of time in between AGMs; or
  • you might need to change the way you prepare your financial statements.

Contact the societies advisor if you want help navigating your new fiscal year. Email or call 332-7950. 

File online

We recommend filing this form online using the Yukon Corporate Online Registry (YCOR). This will cost you $20. 

File online

Find out how to get a YCOR account and a private filing key. 

Submit a paper filing 

You can also download and fill out the forms and submit copies in person, by mail or email to Corporate Affairs. The cost to file paper versions is higher and it will take longer for the filings to go through. 



We're open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at 307 Black Street, 1st floor in Whitehorse.

Phone: 867-667-5111, or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5111

Mail: Government of Yukon
Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
Box 2703,
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6