We’re working with the Government of Canada to finalize the Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership (Sustainable CAP) funding program. This new program will replace the Canadian Agriculture Partnership program.
We’ll announce the new funding under the Sustainable CAP program in April 2023.
Prepare your project proposal
We encourage the following groups to start developing project proposals now. That way, they can submit their proposal when the program launches in April 2023.
- Food producers
- First Nations governments
- Municipal governments
- Territorial governments
- Non-government organizations
- Educational institutions or research bodies
Projects must be related to the agriculture and agri-food sectors. Here are some examples of the type of projects that could be eligible for funding.
- Develop or update environmental farm plans
- Implement approved beneficial management practices (BMPs)
- Develop and implement food-safety systems
- Develop business plans
- Develop First Nation agriculture or food systems
- Conduct and complete environmental studies, scientific testing and data collection
- Purchase of agri-food processing equipment
- Coordinate or participate in northern agriculture research and demonstration projects
- Construct and install fencing
- Develop, construct and operate community gardens
- Provide internship and mentorship opportunities
- Develop marketing plans and materials
- Organize, coordinate and host or attend agriculture events such as conferences, workshops or seminars
- Raise awareness, promote or develop educational activities related to agriculture or First Nation food systems
Contact us to talk about your project
Contact the Agriculture Branch to discuss your project ideas. Phone 867-667-5838 or toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408 (ask to be transferred). Or, email email@example.com.
Program launch notification
Sign up to our InFARMation newsletter mailing list to be notified when the Sustainable CAP program launches. Email InFARMation.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Subscribe” to add your name to the list.