The Strategic Industries Development Fund (SIDF) supports projects that develop Yukon industries and create broad economic benefits like:
- creation of long-term jobs and wealth;
- increased private sector employment; and
- growth and diversification of various sectors.
Who can apply
- Businesses registered in Yukon and carrying out business activity in Yukon.
- Yukon First Nations development agencies structured as a corporation or a trust.
- For-profit or not-for-profit business-related organizations. Not-for-profits must be registered under the Societies Act and in good standing, or created under another legislated authority.
We contribute up to 50% of the total project cost. There are 2 funding tiers:
- Tier 1: Government of Yukon contributions of up to $100,000; and
- Tier 2: Government of Yukon contributions of up to $500,000.
How to apply
- Contact Business and Industry Development to find out if your project qualifies for funding. Email firstname.lastname@example.org; or phone 867-667-5633 or toll-free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5633.
- Put together a project proposal according to our advice.
- Submit your project proposal at any time.
In person: 303 Alexander Street, 1st floor, Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Government of Yukon
Economic Development (F-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6