COVID-19 measures for Corporate Affairs

Due to ongoing concerns related to the COVID-19, Corporate Affairs has put new measures in place as of November 23, 2020. View the measures

File: change of information in a declaration of a partnership

  1. Change information in a declaration of partnership
  2. How to prepare your documents
  3. Submit your documents and pay your fee
  4. After we receive your documents and payment

  1. Change information in a declaration of partnership

    When any change of information is made on a declaration of partnership, whoever filed the declaration has 30 days to notify the registrar.

    The partners must send notice of the changes to the registrar using the proper form and pay the fee.

    Changes that can be made:

    • address of partnership;
    • address of the partners using the partnership;
    • name of partnership;
    • partners of the partnership; and
    • adding a designated representative.

  2. How to prepare your documents

    How to fill out the forms

    The information you provide on forms must be legible.

    Notice of change of information in declaration of a partnership

    Download and complete Form 6 ‒ Notice of change of information in declaration of partnership.

    Section 1: Business name of partnership

    The name must match the name on the original declaration.

    Section 2: Yukon registry number

    Include the Yukon registry number.

    Section 3: Date the original declaration was filed

    Include the date your declaration was originally filed on this form. This information can be found on the original registration documents or can be found by requesting a profile report on Yukon Corporate Online Registry (YCOR) and paying the fee.

    Section 4: Effective date of change

    Include the date the changes came into effect.

    Section 5: Names and signatures

    Include the names and signatures of designated representatives or of all partners. Sign and date the form.

    Declaration of partnership

    Download and complete only the sections that are being changed on Form 4 ‒ Declaration of partnership and attach it to Form 6. Leave the unchanged sections blank.

    Section 1: Business name of partnership

    The name must match the name appearing on the original declaration.

    Section 2: Date partnership formed

    This date cannot be changed.

    Section 3: Address of business

    “Delivery address” refers to a physical location. Include an address or other description to identify a person’s home or place of business. This does not include a post office box.

    “Mailing address” refers to where you send mail. Include a complete mailing address, including the postal code. This address can be a person’s home, place of business or post office box.

    Section 4: Partner designated as representative of the partnership

    A partnership does not have to appoint a designate. However, if there's no designate, all partners have to sign any renewals or changes to the partnership. Some changes may require all partners to sign.

    Section 5: List partners in the partnership

    List which partners are individuals and which are entities.

    If the partner is an individual include:
    • last name;
    • first name; and
    • mailing address.

    Sign and date the form.

    If the partner is an entity include:

    • the name of the entity;
    • its Yukon registry number (the entity must be registered);
    • mailing address; and
    • first and last name of individual signing for entity; and
    • relationship to the entity.

    Sign and date the form.

  3. Submit your documents and pay your fee

    After the forms are completed, submit them along with the fee. The cost of notice of change of information in declaration of partnership is $25.

    How to pay

    You can pay by:

    • cheque;
    • credit card;
    • cash; or
    • debit card.


    Provide a cheque in the appropriate amount made out to Government of Yukon.

    Credit card

    We accept Visa, Master Card and American Express payment at the office. If you send your documents by fax, email or mail, provide a phone number where we can reach you. This is so you can give us your credit card information.

    Cash or debit

    Payment in cash or with a debit card can only be made in person at our office: 307 Black Street, 1st floor

    COVID-19 office operations

    Until further notice, because of the COVID-19 safety measures, our office is closed to the public.

    Deliver your documents to us

    You can drop off forms in our secure drop box. It's in the entrance of our building between the outside and inside doors. You'll also find copies of the most used forms next to the drop box.

    When you put your forms in our secure drop box, you can include:

    • cash;
    • cheque; or
    • a payment information form to contact you for credit card payments.

    To pay with debit card, you'll have to make arrangements beforehand:

    1. Phone us: 867-667-5314
    2. Tell us a date and time when you can come to our office.
    3. Our staff will meet you in the entryway between the interior and exterior doors at the agreed-to time with a point-of-sale terminal.


  4. After we receive your documents and payment

    Processing time

    After we've accepted and filed all your documents, you'll receive confirmation. The process can take up to 5 business days.

    Legal advice

    Staff at Corporate Affairs cannot provide any interpretation of legislation or operational advice of any sort regarding:

    • business corporations;
    • sole proprietorships;
    • partnerships;
    • cooperative associations; or
    • societies.

    If you need advice, talk with a professional such as a lawyer or an accountant.

    Our staff cannot provide legal advice or services. For legal matters, contact a lawyer or phone the Yukon Law Line: 867-668-5297, toll free 1-866-667-4305advice or legal services.

    Business identifier numbers and taxes

    For information about business identifier numbers, taxes and charitable status, visit the Canada Revenue Agency.

    Business licences

    For information about business licences, phone the City of Whitehorse 867-668-8346 or email


Our offices are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Phone: 867-667-5314, or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5314

Fax: 867-393-6251


Government of Yukon
Corporate Affairs (C-6)
Box 2703,
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6