Get a park permit

If you simply want to camp in our road-accessible campgrounds, you do not need a park permit. You only need a campground permit.

Apply for a park permit

Complete applications will be processed in thirty (30) business days, with the exception that Land Use applications will be processed in sixty (60) business days.

If proposed activities occur between May 1 and September 30, we recommend submitting your application early.

New in 2022 – application fee

  • A $40, non-refundable, application fee is required for all applications received on or after January 1, 2022.
  • The fee helps cover the administrative cost of processing your application.
  • Applications will not be processed until payment is received.
  • Payment does not guarantee a permit will be issued.
  • Applicants will be contacted by Yukon Parks to process the application fee. 

How to apply

  1. Complete the application form.
  2. Submit your completed application.
    In person: Yukon Parks Branch offices in DawsonInuvik or Whitehorse.
    Fax: 867-393-6223
    Government of Yukon
    Parks Branch (V-4)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6

Do I need a park permit?

You need a park permit for the following land and air-based activities within Yukon territorial park boundaries. 

Commercial guided recreation activities, including but not limited to:

  • hiking;
  • horseback riding;
  • dog mushing;
  • canoeing;
  • kayaking;
  • sport fishing;
  • mountain biking;
  • skiing;
  • snowmobiling;
  • paragliding or hang gliding;
  • wildlife viewing; and
  • photography.

You also need a wilderness tourism licence to work as a wilderness tourism operator in the Yukon.

All research and educational activities run by colleges, universities or non-profit organizations, including but not limited to:

  • collecting samples;
  • creating research plots;
  • monitoring;
  • surveying; 
  • inventory;
  • field trips;
  • field courses;
  • workshops; and
  • public education events.

You also need a scientists and explorers licence to do research in the Yukon.

Land use or industrial development activities, including but not limited to:

  • land use or occupation for commercial, industrial, or residential activities; and
  • aircraft landing within park boundaries.

You also need a Dempster Highway development permit for any development or off-road vehicle use (except snowmobiles) in the Dempster Highway corridor.

Commercial film and photography shoots, including but not limited to:

  • motion pictures;
  • documentaries;
  • advertisements; and
  • other commercial products like calendars, books, postcards, etc.

Special events, including but not limited to:

  • Cultural or community events;
  • sporting events;
  • school trips;
  • festivals; and
  • large private events.

Additional permits and licences

You may also need the following permits and licences.


For more information about park permits, email or phone: 867-667-5648 or toll-free in the Yukon, NWT and Nunavut: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5648.