- Determine if you are eligible
- Complete the application form
- Provide all other supporting documents required
- Pay your annual fee
- Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Determine if you are eligible
All practical nurses in Yukon must hold a licence.
Apply for an inactive licence if you wish to maintain your standing as a licensed practical nurse (LPN) in Yukon, but will not be actively practicing.
We accept and process inactive LPN applications on an ongoing basis. However, you must renew your inactive licence every year. All LPN licences expire annually on January 31.
You can apply for an inactive licensed practical nurse (LPN) licence if you meet the following requirements.
- You have a current full LPN licence in Yukon.
- You meet the requirements in the following steps.
Complete the application form
Provide all other supporting documents required
You must also provide the following with your application.
1. Verification of registration
Submit this form if you are registered to practice in another jurisdiction.
- Complete the first section of the form.
- Send the form to the appropriate regulatory body.
- The regulatory body will return the fully completed form directly to Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- We do not accept forms submitted by applicants
2. Criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check
- You must have a new criminal record check done every 5 years.
- Visit your local RCMP detachment to request the record check.
- If you live in Yukon, the RCMP will send your results directly to us. In this case, you do not need to send in your application package with this document included.
- If you live outside Yukon, the RCMP may send the results directly to you. In this case, you should wait to receive your record check from the RCMP before submitting your application package.
Pay your annual fee
- Registration fee (non-refundable): $40
- Licence fee: $40
Complete the payment information form and include the form and your fee with your application. You can pay your licence fee by cheque or credit card.
Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Submit your entire application package. This must include:
- your completed application form;
- all supporting documents; and
- your payment form and licence fee.
We typically process applications within 10 business days. We will return applications to you if you have not provided all the required documentation.
Submit your application package
- In person or by courier: 307 Black Street in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 4:30 p.m. Our office postal code is Y1A 2N1.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 867-667-3609
Government of Yukon
Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
For questions about applying for an inactive practical nurse licence email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5111 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext 5111.