- Determine if you're eligible
- Complete the application form
- Provide all other supporting documents required
- Submit your complete application package
Determine if you're eligible
All physiotherapists in Yukon must register and hold a certificate.
Apply for registration and a physiotherapist student certificate if you're a student and need to complete practical training for your physiotherapy program.
A student certificate will allow you to work under supervision and use the title of student physiotherapist.
We accept and process new applications on an ongoing basis. All physiotherapist certificates expire annually on January 31.
You're eligible to apply for a student certificate if you meet all of the following requirements.
- You're enrolled in an approved physiotherapy program.
- You have a supervisor who holds a full certificate in Yukon..
If you’ve had any complaints, disciplinary or criminal action against you:
- we’ll assess your eligibility for registration or licensure on a case-by-case basis; and
- you may not be approved for registration or licensing.
Complete the application form
Provide all other supporting documents required
You must also provide the following with your application.
Current photo ID
Letter of recommendation from school
- Ask the education institution you are enrolled in to write your letter of recommendation.
- The letter should state the school recommends you for practical training.
- The letter must also include information on the length of your training and your liability coverage.
Letter from Yukon organization
- Ask the Yukon organization sponsoring your practical training to provide a letter confirming their sponsorship.
- The letter must include the name of your supervisor and the length of your training.
Submit your complete application package
Prepare your application package
You completed application package must include:
- your completed application form; and
- all supporting documents.
Note: there is no fee for a physiotherapist student certificate.
We typically process applications within 10 business days. We'll confirm you've met all legal requirements before issuing a certificate. We may return your application if you've not provided all the required documentation.
How to submit
- In person or by courier at 307 Black Street, Whitehorse Y1A 2N1. We're open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 867-667-3609
Government of Yukon
Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
For questions about applying for a physiotherapist student certificate, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 867-667-5111, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5111.