- Determine if you are eligible
- Complete the renewal application
- Provide all other supporting documents required
- Pay your annual fee
- Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Determine if you are eligible
All licensed practical nurses (LPN) in Yukon must hold a licence and renew it every year.
Complete this process if you hold an inactive practical nurse licence and want to renew it.
You must renew your inactive licence every year. All LPN licences expire annually on January 31.
Submit your renewal application before November 30. This will ensure we can process your licence before it expires.
Applicants who have not renewed by March 31, must apply for reinstatement and pay all necessary fees.
It is illegal to work in the new licence year before we have processed your application.
You can renew an inactive LPN licence if you meet all of the following requirements.
- You have a current inactive LPN licence in Yukon.
- You meet the requirements in the following steps.
Complete the renewal application
Provide all other supporting documents required
1. Verification of registration
Submit this form if you are registered to practice in another jurisdiction.
- You must complete this form every year.
- Complete the first section of the form.
- Send the form to the appropriate regulatory body.
- The regulatory body will return the fully completed form directly to us.
- We do not accept forms submitted by applicants.
2. Criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check
- You must have a new criminal record check done every 5 years.
- Visit your local RCMP detachment to request the record check.
- If you live in Yukon, the RCMP will send your results directly to us.
- If you receive the results, please forward them to us with your application.
Pay your annual fee
Inactive practical nurse licence: $40.
After March 31, applicants must apply for reinstatement and pay all applicable fees.
Complete the payment information form and include this and your fee with your application. You can pay your licence fee by cheque or credit card.
Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Submit your entire application renewal package before November 30. This will ensure we can process your licence before it expires. It typically takes 30 business days to process a renewal application.
The package must include:
- your completed form;
- all supporting documents; and
- your payment form and licence fee.
We will confirm you have met all legal requirements before issuing a renewed licence.
Submit your application package
- In person or by courier: 307 Black Street in Whitehorse. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 4:30 p.m. Our office postal code is Y1A 2N1.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 867-667-3609
Government of Yukon
Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
For questions about renewing an inactive practical nurse licence email email@example.com. Or phone 867-667-5111 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext 5111.