- Renew an insurer licence
- Complete the renewal application form
- Pay your fees
- Submit your renewal application and fees
Renew an insurer licence
All insurers doing business in Yukon must hold a Yukon licence and renew it every year.
- Submit your renewal application before June 1.
- Insurer licences expire annually on June 30.
- This will ensure we can process your application before your licence expires.
It's illegal to do business in the new licence year before we have issued your renewed licence.
You're eligible to renew an insurer licence if you meet all the following requirements.
- You hold a current insurer licence in Yukon.
- You are licensed as an insurer in a Canadian province or under Canada’s Insurance Companies Act.
- You continue to meet all of the requirements of Yukon’s Insurance Act.
- You complete steps 2 to 4 of this renewal application process.
Complete the renewal application form
Complete all sections of the renewal application form. Do not leave a section blank. You may enter “not applicable” when it is relevant.
The renewal form includes a statutory declaration. You must sign this section of the form in front of a commissioner of oaths or a notary public. The commissioner or notary public will then sign as a witness.
We may return incomplete applications.
Pay your fees
All insurers must pay a $5 recording and filing fee.
You must also pay the following fees for each class of licence you apply for.
Joint stock and mutual companies
Annual licence fees
- Life $300
- Property $150
- Accident $150
- Other $50
Mutual benefit and fraternal societies
Annual licence fees
- Life $50
- Accident or sickness $50
You can pay your fees by cheque or credit card. Complete the payment information form and include this and your fees with your application.
Submit your renewal application and fees
Submit your entire renewal application package. This must include:
- your completed renewal application form; and
- your payment information form and all applicable fees.
- We only accept original copies of the application form.
We typically process renewal applications within 30 business days. We will confirm you have met all legal requirements before issuing a licence. We may return your application if you have not provided all the required documentation.
Submit your application package:
- In person or by courier at 307 Black Street, Whitehorse Y1A 2N1. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 867-667-3609
Government of Yukon
Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
For questions about renewing an insurer’s licence, email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5111 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408 ext. 5111.