- Determine if you are eligible
- Complete the renewal application form
- Provide all other supporting documents required
- Pay your fees
- Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Determine if you are eligible
All physiotherapists who have not completed the clinical component of the Physiotherapist Competency Exam (PCE) and wish to work in Yukon should be registered and hold a valid physiotherapist interim certificate. This certificate allows you to work under supervision and use the title of interim physiotherapist.
You can only renew an interim certificate once. After 1 renewal, you must apply for a physiotherapist full certificate.
All physiotherapist certificates expire annually on January 31. Submit your renewal application before November 30. This will ensure we can process your renewal application before it expires. It is illegal to work in the new certificate year before we have processed your application.
Applicants who have not renewed by March 31, must apply for reinstatement and pay all necessary fees.
You are eligible to renew a physiotherapist interim certificate if you meet all of the following requirements.
- You hold a current physiotherapist interim certificate in Yukon.
- You have registered for the clinical component of the Physiotherapy Competency Exam (PCE).
- You have a supervisor who holds a full certificate in Yukon.
- You have not previously renewed your interim certificate.
- You complete steps 2 to 5 of this application process.
Complete the renewal application form
Provide all other supporting documents required
You must also provide the following supporting documentation.
- Proof of registration for the clinical component of the Physiotherapy Competency Exam (PCE).
- Proof of a minimum of $1,000,000 of professional liability insurance.
Pay your fees
Interim certificate annual fee: $200.
Late fee for applications processed between February 1 and March 31: $40
After March 31, applicants must apply for reinstatement and pay all applicable fees.
You can pay your fees by cheque or credit card. Complete the payment information form and include this and your fees with your application.
Submit your application, supporting documents and fee
Submit your entire application renewal package before November 30. This will ensure we can process your certificate before it expires.
The package must include:
- your completed application form;
- all supporting documents; and
- your payment form and fees.
It typically takes 30 business days to process a renewal application. We will confirm you have met all legal requirements before issuing a renewed certificate. We may return your application if you have not provided all the required documentation.
Submit your application package
- In person or by courier at 307 Black Street, Whitehorse Y1A 2N1. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 867-667-3609
Government of Yukon
Professional Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (C-5)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
For questions about the renewing a physiotherapist interim certificate email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5111 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5111.