Physicians working in licensed rural dispensaries in the Yukon must:
- hold a Yukon rural permit; and
- renew their rural permit every year.
Listed below is information on:
- the documentation you'll need to provide to renew; and
We recommend you review this information before you apply to renew you permit.
The renewal period begins February 1. Apply for your renewal by March 1. This ensures we can process your permit before it expires on March 31.
If you do not apply for your renewal by March 1, you’ll need to pay a late fee of $200.
It's illegal to work in the new permit year before we've renewed your permit.
If you have not renewed your permit by March 31 contact our office for more information.
We typically review applications within 30 business days. We'll confirm you've met all the legal requirements before we issue your permit.
We cannot process your application if you have not provided us with all the documentation we need.
Physicians working in licensed rural dispensaries in the Yukon must hold a rural permit. A rural permit allows you to:
- dispense; and
- sell medications.
Renew your permit if you’re planning to:
- use the title of rural permit holder; and
- work to the full extent of Yukon regulations.
You're eligible to renew a rural permit if:
- you hold a current rural permit for the Yukon;
- and you hold a full licence in the Yukon and are in good standing with the Yukon’s registrar of medical practitioners.
When you renew online you must also provide us with:
- your criminal record check, required every 3 years; and
- a copy of your current Yukon medical licence.
The portal gives more information on how to submit this.
Fees and payment
Annual permit fee: $100
If we approve your application, we'll email you an invoice for your $100 annual permit fee. Once you receive this invoice, you can pay through the portal.
1. Log in.
2. Apply to renew your permit.
- Click on “Licensing” and “Renew my licence”.
- Here you’ll find the step by step process to renew your permit.
- Upload all the necessary documents and information we ask you for.
3. Complete the application form
4. Submit the form.
For questions about the renewal process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-667-5111, toll free in the Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5111.