Yukon business owners can apply to the Yukon Nominee Program to hire foreign workers when their business can't fill a permanent full-time job with a Canadian or permanent resident. The Government of Yukon doesn't recruit workers on behalf of Yukon businesses.
Foreign workers can bring a spouse or common-law partner and dependent children under the age of 18 to Yukon, if approved by Immigration, Refugrees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Who can't apply to the Yukon Nominee Program
- People who don't have job offers in Yukon.
People who fall into the above categories should contact IRCC.
How to apply
- Determine which nomination stream to apply to.
- Make sure you are eligible to apply.
- Complete and submit the program application.
- We nominate qualified foreign workers to the Government of Canada to receive permanent resident visas to live and work in Yukon through the Yukon Nominee Program. The federal government decides if the worker can immigrate to Canada.
Does a foreign worker need an immigration representative or consultant to apply?
A foreign worker doesn't need to hire an immigration representative or consultant to apply to the Yukon Nominee Program (YNP). However, if they wish to, they should know that:
- all the forms and information needed to complete an application are found on Yukon.ca;
- all applications are treated the same;
- no one can guarantee that an application will be approved;
- we do not engage the exclusive services of any agencies or representatives; and
Before we can talk to an applicant's representative they will need to sign an Authority to Release form. Contact us to get a copy of this form email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5131 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5131.
Which nomination stream should I apply to?
Yukon business owners determine which stream to apply to based on the National Occupational Classification (NOC) of the job they are trying to fill.
There are 3 nomination streams
For any questions about the application process or determining which nomination stream to apply to, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5131 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5131.