July 9, 2018 at 18:00
An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Emergency Measures Organization for kilometre 30 to 58 of the Robert Campbell Highway. Yukon residents and visitors in the affected area have been placed on alert. They must be ready to evacuate within two hours of being notified.
When preparing to evacuate you must:
- Locate all family members and designate a safe meeting place.
- Gather essential items such as medication, eye glasses, valuable papers and immediate care needs for dependents.
- Move livestock or pets to a safe area.
- Arrange transport for your household members in anticipation of a potential evacuation order.
- Arrange accommodation for your family. In the event of an evacuation order, emergency accommodation may be provided, if required.
- Monitor Yukon Government and local sources for updated information on the status of the fire and directions.
- Local residents and visitors are encouraged to proactively relocate prior to the fire directly affecting their location. If you chose to self-evacuate, notify Emergency Health and Social Services at 867-536-2232.
An Evacuation Order may be issued if the fire will directly affect these locations.
For current fire information visit Yukon.ca/emergencies.