- Yukon Geological Survey news
- Recent publications
We provide objective geological information to:
- Government of Yukon;
- Yukon First Nations; and
- the public.
Our information adds to Yukon’s geoscience knowledge base. The information supports geoscience-related policy and investment decisions in the territory.
Yukon Geological Survey news
Visiting the core library
The core library facilities are open again for use by clients. Access is controlled. Contact the core library to book the facilities.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 867-393-6492
We ask that visitors wear a mask in the core library.
Visiting Yukon Geological Survey at the Elijah Smith Building
The Yukon Geological Survey office in downtown Whitehorse is open to the public.
Make an appointment before your visit.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 867-667-8508
We ask that visitors wear a mask in the building.
Yukon Placer Mining Industry 2018 to 2020. S. van Loon and J.D. Bond
Yukon Exploration and Geology
Yukon Exploration and Geology Overview 2022. K.E. MacFarlane (ed.), 2023. Yukon Geological Survey, 70 p.
Yukon Exploration and Geology papers 2022
- Biegel, K., Gosselin, J. and Dettmer, J., 2023. Preliminary double-difference relocation earthquake catalogue for southwestern Yukon centred along the Denali fault zone.
- Bodtker, J., Cronmiller, D.C, Bond, J.D. and Shugar, D., 2023. The Sunnydale landslide, current understanding and research, Dawson (NTS 116B/3).
- Chapman, F.M., Miranda, M., Soucy La Roche, R. and Raymond, J., 2023. Fracture network analysis in the Duke River area, southwestern Yukon.
- Gosselin, J.M, Biegel, K, Hamidbeygi, M. and Dettmer, J., 2023. Improvements in the regional earthquake focal mechanism catalogue for southwestern Yukon.
- Hatton, C., Ielpi, A., Cronmiller, D.C. and Painter, M., 2023. Geomorphic assessment of Tsǟlnjik Chú (Nordenskiold River) near Carmacks, Klondike region, Yukon.
- Moynihan, D., 2023. A preliminary geological interpretation of the Mount Grant–Evelyn Creek area, southern Yukon (parts of 105C/11, 12, 13, 14).
- Painter, M., Cronmiller, D.C. and Bond, J.D., 2023. Mapping the rate of change of select glaciers using satellite and ground-based observations, Yukon and northwestern British Columbia.
You can also download a volume containing all of the papers for 2022.
- Witter, J.B, 2023. Analysis of geoscience data for geothermal exploration along the Teslin fault near Teslin, Yukon. Yukon Geological Survey, Open File 2023-3, 48 p. plus digital appendices.
- Lipovsky, P.S., 2023. Surficial geology and geohazards of the greater Whitehorse area. Yukon Geological Survey, Open File 2023-1, 67 p. plus appendices.
- Lipovsky, P.S. and Bond, J.D., 2022. Surficial geology and Quaternary history of Stevenson Ridge and northern parts of Kluane Lake map areas, Yukon (115K and 115F). Yukon Geological Survey, Bulletin 18, 84 p. plus appendices.
- Surficial geology data set: A Yukon-wide compilation of spatial data derived from over 195 surficial geology maps originally published at scales ranging from 1:10,000 to 1:250,000.