The Yukon Sound Recording Program for professional full-length sound-recordings helps professional musicians, and owners of recording studios and recording labels, develop their careers and businesses. The fund provides 50 per cent of eligible expenses up to $5,000. The maximum Government of Yukon contribution from all sources is 75 per cent.
Who can apply
You must reside in Yukon and:
- be a sound-recording artist; or
- own a sound-recording studio in the territory; or
- own a sound-recording label in the territory; and
- your recording must be 6 songs or 20 minutes long.
Recording with artists from outside Yukon
- Artists have to show that at least 50 per cent of the members of either their duo or group reside in Yukon.
- A studio or a label owner must show that their project will develop the sound-recording industry in the territory.
- May 1
- November 1
How much funding is available?
Our contribution will be up to 50 per cent of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $5,000. The maximum Government of Yukon contribution from all sources is 75 per cent.
Before you apply
- Read the Yukon Sound Recording Program Policy for eligible and ineligible activities, intake information, assessment criteria and more.
- Contact Media Development to discuss your application.
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form.
- If you are applying as a resident, download and complete the Yukon Residency Declaration.
- Submit your application and all required documentation.
303 Alexander Street, 2nd floor in Whitehorse. We're open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We're closed on all statutory holidays.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (only if under 10 MB)
Government of Yukon
Media Development (F-1)
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
If you have questions about the Yukon Sound Recording Program, email email@example.com, or phone 867-667-5400 or toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408 extension 5400.