- You must have a registered business to harvest firewood and timber commercially. Ensure you have a valid Yukon business registration number or proof of exemption.
- Your business must be in good financial standing with the Forest Management Branch.
- The area you are harvesting must be in an approved Timber Harvest Plan. Contact the Forest Management Branch to review current or new Timber Harvest Plans:
- In person: Mile 918.07 Alaska Highway, Whitehorse, Yukon. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 867-456-3999 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 3999
Apply for a commercial harvest licence for firewood or timber
- Complete the application.
You can also pick up a form at any of our Compliance, Monitoring and Inspections offices.
- Submit your completed application.
In person: At your local Compliance, Monitoring and Inspections office. There will be a non-refundable application fee ranging from $10 to $100 depending on the volume of wood being applied for.
Every licence application is subject to a minimum 30-day public notification period. During this time, anyone interested can submit comments relevant to your application. Other factors that might affect the application timeline include:
- the availability of wood;
- the time needed to develop a new Timber Harvest Plan;
- the applicable environmental assessment (i.e. YESAA); and
- your own business’ eligibility.
After submitting your application, you will receive a letter outlining timelines specific to your application.
For questions about applying for a commercial harvest licence for firewood or timber email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-456-3999 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 3999. You can also speak to a forester or natural resources officer.