Chronic Conditions Support Program (CCSP) works with Yukoners living with a chronic condition to provide:
- collaborative chronic care; and
- self-management support.
Our services currently focus on the following chronic conditions:
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- diabetes; and
- hypertension or high blood pressure.
Chronic conditions nurse educators work with participating Yukon medical clinics. Our nurses provide:
- self-management support;
- chronic condition information;
- treatment options; and
- clinical guideline care.
Who can take part?
Yukoners of all ages are eligible if they have:
- a chronic condition; and
- coverage under the Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan; or
- applied for Yukon health care insurance.
Where are these services available?
You'll find these services in various locations throughout Whitehorse.
Community nursing staff in communities can refer Yukoners to the program. Home visits are an option to people living in the communities.
Access these services
- Contact your health care provider.
- Speak to your doctor.
- Visit your community health centre.
- Phone: Chronic Conditions Support Program 867-667-8733; toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.
- Email: email@example.com
- Your health care provider will fill out a form to refer you to the Chronic Conditions Support Program.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 867-667-8733, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.