Chronic Conditions Support Program (CCSP) offers rehabilitation for Yukoners living with:
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); and
- other chronic breathing conditions.
Chronic lung condition rehabilitation
We off the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program for free. The program has an on-going intake. You'll learn skills to effectively manage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or related chronic lung conditions.
This 3-part program includes:
- 1-on-1 assessment;
- support of a certified respiratory educator (CRE);
- group education sessions that help teach you how to monitor your condition;
- information on local support resources; and
- a group supervised exercise program to help build and maintain physical fitness and long-term independence.
Who can take part?
Yukoners of all ages are eligible if they have:
- a chronic condition; and
- coverage under the Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan; or
- applied for Yukon health care insurance.
Where is this service available?
You'll find these services in various locations throughout Whitehorse.
Community nursing staff in communities can refer Yukoners to the program.
Access this service
- Contact your health care provider.
- Speak to your doctor.
- Visit your community health centre.
- Phone: Chronic Conditions Support Program 867-667-8733; toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.
- Email: email@example.com
- Your health care provider will fill out a form to refer you to the Chronic Conditions Support Program.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 867-667-8733, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.