Rehabilitation is available for Yukoners living with:
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); and
- other chronic breathing conditions.
Chronic lung condition rehabilitation
We offer the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program for free. You'll learn skills to effectively manage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or related chronic lung conditions.
This 3-part program includes:
- 1-on-1 assessment;
- support of a certified respiratory educator (CRE);
- group education sessions that help teach you how to monitor your condition;
- information on local support resources; and
- a group supervised exercise program to help build and maintain physical fitness and long-term independence.
Who can take part?
Yukoners 18 and older are eligible if they have:
- a chronic condition; and
- coverage under the Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan; or
- applied for Yukon health care insurance.
Where is this service available?
You'll find these services in various locations throughout Whitehorse.
Community nursing staff can arrange virtual services for community members through Yukon health centres.
Access this service
- You can sign up for any services or workshops and sessions directly.
- Visit your community health centre.
- This form should be completed and sent to the support program by your health care provider once you are enrolled. We will let your health care provider know once you have enrolled in a service.
For more information, email email@example.com, or phone 867-667-8733, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.