There are currently 2 nurses who work 1-on-1 with patients to help them:
- learn to manage their diabetes; and
- achieve their self-management goals.
Chronic conditions nurse educator support
This service involves:
- case management; and
- communicating with your family physician.
Our nurses can also assist by providing:
- foot care checks;
- blood pressure monitoring;
- review of lab work; and
- referrals to other local resources for support.
Diabetes programs available
Programs available for people with diabetes are:
Who can take part?
Yukoners 18 and older are eligible if they have:
a chronic condition; and
- coverage under the Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan; or
- applied for Yukon health care insurance.
Where is this service available?
You'll find these services in various locations throughout Whitehorse.
Community nursing staff can arrange virtual services for community members through Yukon health centres.
Access this service
- You can sign up for any services or workshops and sessions directly.
- Visit your community health centre.
- This form should be completed and sent to the support program by your health care provider once you are enrolled. We will let your health care provider know once you have enrolled in a service.
For more information, email email@example.com, or phone 867-667-8733, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.