Chronic Conditions Support Program (CCSP) has 2 nurses who work 1-on-1 with patients to help them:
- learn to manage their diabetes; and
- achieve their self-management goals.
Chronic conditions nurse educator support
This service involves:
- case management; and
- communicating with your family physician.
Our nurses can also assist by providing:
- foot care checks;
- blood pressure monitoring;
- review of lab work; and
- referrals to other local resources for support.
Diabetes programs available
Programs available for people with diabetes are:
Who can take part?
Yukoners of all ages are eligible if they have:
a chronic condition; and
- coverage under the Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan; or
- applied for Yukon health care insurance.
Where are these services available?
You'll find these services in various locations throughout Whitehorse.
Community nursing staff in communities can refer Yukoners to the program.
Access these services
- Contact your health care provider.
- Speak to your doctor.
- Visit your community health centre.
- Phone: Chronic Conditions Support Program 867-667-8733; toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.
- Email: email@example.com
- Your health care provider will fill out a form to refer you to the Chronic Conditions Support Program.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 867-667-8733, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.