You can take part in free diabetes education workshops with diabetes specialists. These workshops are offered in the evenings in the fall and spring annually.
Diabetes Wellness Series
The Diabetes Education Centre and the Chronic Conditions Support Program have partnered to create a 4-part workshop.
Diabetes specialists will provide you with a variety of information. The workshop team is composed of:
- a dietitian;
- a nurse;
- pharmacists; and
- an exercise specialist.
They will work to:
answer your questions about diabetes and the medications you're taking; and
help you figure out your best self-management strategies.
Diabetes Wellness Series 2.0
Prerequisite: Diabetes Wellness Series
This program is offered through a partnership with:
- the Yukon Hospital Corporation;
- the Government of Yukon's Chronic Conditions Support Program; and
- the City of Whitehorse.
Diabetes specialists will provide you with a variety of information. The workshop team is composed of a:
- exercise specialist; and
They will teach you how to start taking action with practical tips for:
- healthy eating;
- self-managing; and
- personal activity.
Through this program you'll connect with other people living with diabetes. You'll get to engage with a specialized team of health care professionals.
Who can take part?
Yukoners of all ages are eligible if they have:
- a chronic condition; and
- coverage under the Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan; or
- applied for Yukon health care insurance.
Access these workshops
- Contact your health care provider.
- Speak to your doctor.
- Visit your community health centre.
- Phone: Chronic Conditions Support Program 867-667-8733; toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your health care provider will fill out a form to refer you to the Chronic Conditions Support Program.
For more information, email email@example.com, or phone 867-667-8733, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.