You can take part in free diabetes education workshops with diabetes specialists. These workshops are offered in the evenings in the fall and spring annually.
Diabetes Wellness Series
The Diabetes Education Centre and the Chronic Conditions Support Program have partnered to create a 4-part workshop.
Diabetes specialists will provide you with a variety of information. The workshop team is composed of:
- a dietitian;
- a nurse;
- pharmacists; and
- an exercise specialist.
They will work to:
- answer your questions about diabetes and the medications you're taking; and
- help you figure out your best self-management strategies.
Diabetes Wellness Series 2.0
Prerequisite: Diabetes Wellness Series
This program is offered through a partnership with:
- the Yukon Hospital Corporation;
- the Government of Yukon; and
- the City of Whitehorse.
Diabetes specialists will provide you with a variety of information. The workshop team is composed of a:
- exercise specialist; and
They will teach you how to start taking action with practical tips for:
- healthy eating;
- self-managing; and
- personal activity.
Through this program you'll connect with other people living with diabetes. You'll get to engage with a specialized team of health care professionals.
Who can take part?
Yukoners 18 and older are eligible if they have:
- a chronic condition; and
- coverage under the Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan; or
- applied for Yukon health care insurance.
Where is this service available?
You'll find these services in various locations throughout Whitehorse.
Community nursing staff can arrange virtual services for community members through Yukon health centres.
Access this service
- You can sign up for any services or workshops and sessions directly.
- Visit your community health centre.
- This form should be completed and sent to the support program by your health care provider once you are enrolled. We will let your health care provider know once you have enrolled in a service.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 867-667-8733, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 8733.