Tourism and Culture is providing special funding for arts-related initiatives in light of COVID-19 impacts.
For the 2020–21 fiscal year, we have adapted our On Yukon Time program to support artists and organizations in this time of lost revenue and uncertainty.
A new On Yukon Time intake is now open. The deadline to apply is October 15, 2020.
$75,000 is available in total. These funds will help the creative community during our new physical distancing realities.
Applicants may apply to receive up to:
- $2500 for individuals; or
- $5000 for businesses, not-for-profit organizations and collectives.
Applicants may apply for up to 100% of eligible project costs.
Initiatives should relate to 1 or more of these themes:
- finding ways to express Yukon arts or culture when conventional gatherings can't occur;
- arts and culture as a means of uniting and responding to crises;
- celebrating ingenuity in the face of adversity;
- the balance between emergency action and community kindness; or
- another relevant theme of these times, which you propose.
Proposals must respect the Yukon Chief Medical Officer of Health's recommendations. For example, recommendations on gatherings and physical distancing.
Successful applicants to the April 2020 intake are not eligible to apply in October.
Funding is available to:
- not-for-profit organizations; and
We'll focus on equitable distribution of funds across Yukon communities.
October 15 at 4:30 p.m. PT.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Apply for funding
If you need help submitting your application or have questions, email email@example.com or phone 867-332-7163.
- Complete and include in your submission:
- the application form;
- a 1 to 3 page description of your project; and
- a timeline demonstrating that your project will be complete by March 15, 2021.
- Submit your application package:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgIn person: 100 Hanson Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. On the day of the deadline, there will be a drop box for applications inside our doors. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.Mail:Government of YukonArts Section (L-3)Box 2703Whitehorse, YukonY1A 2C6
- A selection committee will assess the applications.
See the listing of recipients from the April 2020 intake.
If you have questions, email email@example.com or phone 867-332-7163.