Everyone has to self-isolate for 14 days when they arrive in Yukon.
You may be eligible to receive your 1st dose of the COVID-19 vaccine during your mandatory self-isolation period, if you have 1st received a negative COVID-19 test from the COVID-19 Testing and Assessment Centre.
Returning students and seasonal workers aged 18 to 29 years are encouraged to seek their vaccination while self-isolating. This is a temporary program.
People are eligible for this program as long as they:
- have a valid health-care card from Yukon or another Canadian jurisdiction;
- live permanently in Canada;
- are not quarantining under federal law; and
- are getting an authorized COVID-19 vaccination from the Government of Yukon.
- can only leave their self-isolation for the amount of time necessary to get vaccinated;
- must not interact with other people for any other reason than getting their vaccine; and
- can only be closer than 2 metres to anyone else when it’s necessary for getting their vaccine.
This program does not support vaccination for tourists, transients or visitors to Yukon.
Booking your vaccine appointment
You must follow the process below in order to book your vaccine.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know you are in self-isolation and you'd like to book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment. We'll respond between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- We'll check to ensure you’re eligible. If you're eligible, we'll provide you with a special link to book a COVID-19 test at the COVID Testing and Assessment Centre (CTAC).
- Go to the CTAC for your pre-scheduled rapid COVID-19 test. The address is 49A Waterfront Place in Whitehorse.
- Avoid public transportation, and either drive yourself or have a member of your household drive you.
- Make sure to wear a mask.
- If you’re showing any signs of COVID-19, do not go to your testing appointment. Phone the CTAC at 867-393-3083. We'll assess your situation and let you know your next steps.
- You should have the results within 15 minutes.
- If your test result is negative, staff at the CTAC will book a same-day vaccine appointment for you.
- After you receive your test results, you must return to your place of self-isolation.
- Even with a negative test result you must complete your mandatory 14-day self-isolation. A negative test means you're negative only on that day. If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, you can still develop symptoms in the days following your negative test.
How to receive your vaccine
- Go to the Yukon Convention Centre for the same-day vaccine appointment we booked for you. The Convention Centre is at 4051-4th Avenue in Whitehorse.
- You must bring your health-care card.
- After receiving your vaccine, return to your place of self-isolation.
- Continue your mandatory 14-day self-isolation.
Individuals who are self-isolating in a community
You must travel to Whitehorse for your COVID-19 test and vaccine.
When you contact COVID19info@yukon.ca, let them know you're coming from a community.
You must follow self-isolation requirements at all times. This means you cannot go into any public spaces including restaurants or stores.
If you need support self-isolating while in Whitehorse, phone Self-Isolation Facility Assistance at 867-332-4587.
If you have questions about the student and seasonal worker vaccination program, email email@example.com.