This supplement has been added to the Yukon Business Relief Program (YBRP) and is administered by the Department of Tourism and Culture.
We recognize that there's a vital need for specific support for accommodations providers through this period of low occupancy due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you're a Yukon business that provides traveller accommodation, you may qualify.
This funding is for accommodation providers that have or will reach their maximum under the:
- Yukon Business Relief Program; and
- Northern Business Relief Fund (administered by Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency).
This supplement can provide you with up to $400 per room each month, up to the point of breaking even (not suffering a loss but not making a profit). This applies for rooms you have available for occupancy between October 1 and December 31, 2020, if you're eligible to apply.
This supplement is part of the Government of Yukon’s COVID-19 business relief efforts. The program may be extended to March 31, 2021, depending on a needs analysis in December 2020.
An eligible traveller accommodation business is a business that:
- rents out 3 or more individual rooms, suites or cabins as short-term rentals;
- fits the definition of a traveller accommodation businesses as described under the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 7211;
- is open and operational during the entire time it’s receiving financial support;
- can demonstrate it operated at a loss in each month for which it seeks support;
- meets at least 3 of the following criteria:
- has an office with a physical address in Yukon;
- is subject to the Yukon Income Tax Act;
- is registered under the Business Corporations Act or the Partnership and Business Name Act, where applicable; and
- has a valid municipal business licence, where applicable.
How to apply
If you believe you'll meet the above eligibility criteria during October, November or December and want to apply, email email@example.com.
Provide the name and contact information of the person in your business who will submit your application.
You'll receive a reply within 2 business days. The 1st step will be to:
- confirm your eligibility;
- discuss your circumstances; and
- plan for your application.
When to apply
The deadline to apply for this supplement is February 15, 2021.
If you already get Yukon Business Relief Program support
Contact your intake advisor with the Yukon Business Relief Program to discuss your circumstances.
If you do not already get Yukon Business Relief Program support
Follow the guidance on how to apply.