Parks and campgrounds: COVID-19 updates

Territorial parks and campgrounds are open

Camping permits are on sale now.

Camping is different during COVID-19

You need to be more self-contained


All orders and recommendations issued by Yukon’s Chief Medical Officer of Health apply in territorial parks and campgrounds.

No one can self-isolate in a territorial park or campground.

Non-residents who are required by law to travel through Yukon within 24 hours cannot stay or stop in government-run campgrounds.

What's open now?

  • All road-accessible campgrounds and recreation sites are open.
  • Outhouses and garbage and recycling bins are open.
  • Playgrounds, picnic shelters and beaches are open.
  • Firewood will be provided, when possible.
  • Boat launches and docks are open.
  • Special events and in-person interpretive programs are cancelled this year.
  • Backcountry camping facilities in Tombstone Territorial Park are expected to open June 26, as usual.
  • Tombstone Interpretive Centre is currently closed.

Residents of the BC–Yukon border area

An individual who enters Yukon from Atlin, Lower Post, Fraser, Jade City, Fireside or Pleasant Camp is not required to self-isolate if:

  • they are a resident of Yukon or one of the above listed BC communities; and
  • they haven’t travelled outside Yukon or those communities in the past 14 days.

Residents of the above listed BC communities are welcome in Yukon territorial parks and campgrounds if they are not required to self-isolate.

Safety concerns

Parks staff are monitoring parks and campgrounds.

If you would like to report a possible infraction of a Civil Emergency Measures Act order, you can email or call 1-877-374-0425.


If you have questions, email or phone 867-667-5648, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5648.