Report someone for not following a public health measure

Make a report if you think someone is not following the Public Health and Safety Act (PHSA) or Civil Emergency Measures Act (CEMA) orders.

Examples of not following the PHSA or CEMA orders may include:

  • not self-isolating after testing positive for COVID-19;
  • not providing proof of vaccination in a designated setting;
  • as the person responsible, not verifying proof of vaccination in a designated setting;
  • not wearing a mask in an indoor public space or an outdoor public space where physical distancing can not be maintained;
  • exceeding the limits on personal gatherings; and
  • exceeding the capacity limits for designated places.

How to make a report

Complete the report form

Other ways to make a report

You can phone 867-393-6210 or email to make a report.

If someone’s breaking the law but not in a way related to the Public Health and Safety Act, call 911.

Information about enforcement

Enforcement officers

Trained and designated enforcement officers are available in almost every Yukon community. They will respond to complaints of people not following CEMA Orders.  

Enforcement officers include:

  • the Compliance and Investigations Unit (CIU);
  • natural resource officers;
  • conservation officers;
  • environmental health officers;
  • WCB safety officers;
  • liquor inspectors;
  • bylaw officers; and
  • others. 

Peace officers, such as the RCMP, may also be asked to assist when other partners are not able to respond.

Complaints in communities are received by the Compliance and Investigations Unit, who will reach out to their partners in the communities to respond to the complaints. 

Issuing tickets and charges

Tickets and charges for people not following PHSA or CEMA orders include:

  • a fine of up to $500;
  • imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months; or
  • both a fine and imprisonment.

Our goal is to achieve compliance by educating and sharing information about the health measures and how to follow them.