Information current as of

Friday, May 29, 2020 ‒ 10:20

Parks and campgrounds: COVID-19 updates

Territorial parks and campgrounds ready to open on June 4 at 9 a.m.

Yukon resident annual camping permits and daily pre-paid camping permits are on sale now.

Camping is different during COVID-19

You need to be more self-contained


All orders and recommendations issued by Yukon’s Chief Medical Officer of Health apply in territorial parks and campgrounds.

No one can self-isolate in a territorial park or campground.

Non-residents who are required by law to travel through Yukon within 24 hours cannot stay or stop in government-run campgrounds.

Residents of the British Columbia communities of Atlin, Fire Side, Pleasant Camp, Fraser and Jade City are not required to self-isolate and are welcome to use territorial parks and campgrounds.

What's open on June 4?

  • Outhouses and garbage and recycling bins are open.
  • Playgrounds, picnic shelters and beaches are open.
  • Firewood will be provided, when possible.
  • Boat launches and docks are open.
  • Special events and in-person interpretive programs are cancelled this year.
  • Backcountry camping facilities in Tombstone Territorial Park are expected to open in late June.
  • Tombstone Interpretive Centre is currently closed.

What's open between now and June 3?

Using trails and green spaces in parks and campgrounds during the current closure

You can still use trails and green spaces while practising physical distancing and following other requirements, such as limiting group size.

Territorial parks, campgrounds and recreation sites will not be serviced during this closure.

How to use a Yukon park during the current closure

What you can use

  • Trails, including stairs and steps. Handrails are not disinfected.
  • Green spaces and waterbodies outside of campgrounds and recreation sites.
  • Parking areas if not in a closed campground or recreation site or beyond a gate or barrier.
  • Roads within campgrounds and recreation sites. These are for non-motorized use, and only to access trails and green spaces.
  • Boat launches if not beyond a gate or barrier. These include boat launches at:
    • Aishihik Lake Campground
    • Drury Creek Campground
    • Ethel Lake Campground
    • Frances Lake Campground
    • Frenchman Lake Campground
    • Kusawa Lake Campground
    • Lake Laberge Campground
    • Little Salmon Lake Campground
    • Nisutlin River Recreation Site
    • Nunatuk Campground
    • Pine Lake Campground
    • Quiet Lake North Campground
    • Quiet Lake South Campground
    • Simpson Lake Campground
    • Snafu Lake Campground
    • Squanga Lake Campground
    • Tagish Bridge Recreation Site
    • Tarfu Lake Campground
    • Tatchun Lake Campground
    • Teslin Lake Campground

What you can't use

  • Campsites
  • Outhouses
  • Picnic shelters
  • Picnic tables
  • Garbage bins
  • Recycle bins
  • Fire pits
  • Firewood bins
  • Playgrounds
  • Benches
  • Viewing platforms and decks
  • Beaches
  • Docks
  • Payment stations and kiosks
  • Interactive signs and displays
  • In-place binocular stations
  • Water pumps and storage tanks
  • Food storage lockers, bins and poles

Download a printable guide to what you can and cannot use at territorial parks, campgrounds and recreation sites during the closure.

Using public land

Find out about camping on public land.

Parks staff

Parks staff will be monitoring and enforcing closures.


If you have questions, email or phone 867-667-5648, toll free in Yukon 1-800-661-0408, extension 5648.