The First Nation Partnership Program provides assistance to First Nations governments, development corporations and housing providers to construct new housing, renovate or rehabilitate existing housing or the provision of rent supplements on newly constructed units. There are 2 funding streams.
- Capital contributions that increase the quality or quantity of housing stock.
- Short-term rent supplements applicable to newly constructed units.
- Housing repair or construction projects that serve First Nation households whose income is less than the median Yukon household income.
- For short-term rent supplements the households must fall within Yukon Housing Corporation household income limits.
- Proposed rent rates must be priced at or below average market housing rents for comparable housing in a community for a minimum of 10 years.
- Projects must be completed within 2 years of the date of approval. Projects completed prior to receiving written approval from the Yukon Housing Corporation may not qualify.
Apply to the First Nation Partnership Program
- Complete the First Nation Partnership Program application.
- Submit your application.
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This fund is in place until March 31, 2018. It is made possible through federal funding under the Social Infrastructure Fund and the Investment in Affordable Housing Agreement.
For questions about applying for funds for First Nations housing email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.