The Affordable Housing Construction Program supports developers and rental housing providers in increasing the supply of affordable housing in Yukon communities outside of Whitehorse. The grant can be up to $50,000 per unit to a maximum of 10 units.
The program provides a grant for new construction or renovations, if the project results in an increase in the number of affordable housing rental units.
The funding for this program has been fully expended for this year. Contact us for other potential funding opportunities.
- Your housingconstruction or renovation project in Yukon communities services individuals whose income would be below the median Yukon household income, as reported by Statistics Canada.
- Your project meets our modest design guidelines.
- Your proposed rent rates must be priced at or below average prices for comparable housing for a minimum of 10 years.
- Your project must not be underway before you apply. Projects that begin before you receive written approval from the Yukon Housing Corporation may not qualify.
Apply to the Affordable Housing Construction Program
- Complete the Affordable Housing Construction Program application.
- Submit your application.
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Note: Projects must be completed within 2 years of the approval date.
This fund will continue until March 31, 2019. It is made possible through federal funding under the Social Infrastructure Fund and the Investment in Affordable Housing Agreement.
For questions about applying for funds to build or renovate affordable housing email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.