What is the Rental and Secondary Suite Program?
The Rental and Secondary Suite Program is for qualified Yukon landlords to repair and upgrade a current residential rental suite or dwelling, or to construct a new living suite.
Secondary living suites are self-contained living units created within single-family homes or other types of suites like detached garden suites. These suites have a kitchen, bathroom and separate entrance.
- You are a Yukon homeowner or owner of a residential rental unit, or,
- You have a rental suite in need of repair, energy upgrading or accessibility upgrades, or,
- You want to construct a new living suite on your property or within your place of residence, where zoning allows.
Apply to the Rental and Secondary Suite Program
Loan financing details
- Amortize over 15 years in 5 year terms.
- Interest rates of bank prime +1% for general upgrades or development, or bank prime -1% for accessibility upgrades or development.
- You can borrow up to $35,000 per rental unit. Properties on rented land are eligible for a loan up to $20,000.
For questions about applying for a loan to build rental or secondary suites email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.