The Down Payment Assistance Program provides Yukoners who are first-time homeowners and who are bank mortgage approved, to borrow up to 5% to purchase an existing home. It is available Yukon-wide on fee simple land.
- You are a first-time homeowner.
- Home must be for your primary residence only.
- You are eligible for bank financing but have not accumulated a sufficient down payment.
- You must save 2.5% of a down payment. You may receive a loan of 5% of the purchase price.
- Your household income can't exceed the median income threshold as set by Statistics Canada.
- The home you'd like to buy must meet our modest design guidelines.
Apply to the Down Payment Assistance Program
- Complete the down payment assistance program application.
- Submit your application.
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Loan financing details
- Amortize up to 15 years in 5 year terms.
- Interest rate 2.8% below the average posted rates with a minimum interest rate of 2%. The average posted rate is the 5 year average interest rate at major banks.
For questions about applying for a loan for a down payment on your first home email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.