The First Mortgage Program is for Yukon residents who need to borrow up to the average real estate price to purchase an existing home. The mortgages are available Yukon-wide on fee simple land.
- You are a first-time home buyer and the house already exists.
- Proof that you aren't eligible to get a loan from a bank.
- You must fall within our debt-to-loan ratios.
- The home must be used as your primary residence.
- You will need a 2.5% down payment.
- The home you'd like to buy must meet our modest design guidelines.
Apply for a first time homeowner mortgage loan
- Complete the First Mortgage Loan application.
- Complete the Verification of Employment form.
- Submit your forms and supporting documents.
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. Our hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Loan financing details
For questions about applying for a mortgage to buy your first home email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.