Resolve a landlord or tenant dispute

Try resolving disagreements before they become a bigger problem.

As a landlord or tenant, you should understand your rights and obligations and the terms and conditions of your tenancy agreement. If the issue can't be resolved, you can apply for a dispute resolution.

Review the dealing with disputes fact sheet.

Apply for dispute resolution

A landlord or tenant can apply for dispute resolution.

  1. Complete an application form
  2. Submit the application
    In person: 307 Black Street in Whitehorse. Our office hours are from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
    Email: Please follow up with us to ensure we received your application and payment.
    Fax: 867-393-6317
    Government of Yukon
    Residential Tenancies Office (C-7)
    Box 2703
    Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 2C6
  3. Pay the application fee of $50 or apply for a fee waiver.

Review the applications for dispute resolution fact sheet.

Review the deadlines for applying for dispute resolution fact sheet.

After we accept your application

  • We will set a date for the hearing.
  • We will prepare hearing packages for both parties and will let the applicant know when to pick them up.
  • The applicant will serve the respondent and provide us with a completed declaration of service form.

After you serve the hearing package

The respondent may choose to provide their own submissions.

  • Similar to the original submissions, we will make copies and then contact the respondent.
  • They will serve their submissions on the applicant and provide us with a completed declaration of service form.

The hearing process

The applicant and respondent will have a fair opportunity to participate in the hearing process.

After the hearing process concludes

We will generally issue a final and binding written decision and order. Both of these can be filed in Yukon Supreme Court.

Review the orders and decisions fact sheet.