Make sure you're familiar with Yukon rental rules and regulations before renting a residential property or unit.
Make sure the property or unit meets rental standards
Landlords must ensure their residential property or rental unit meets minimum rental standards.
Review the minimum rental standards information sheet and make sure the property meets these requirements.
The tenancy agreement and security deposit
- Both the landlord and tenant must ensure the security deposit section of the tenancy agreement is completed.
- Landlords may ask for only one security deposit at the start of the tenancy and it can't be more than the equivalent of one month's rent.
- Both the landlord and tenant must sign and date the tenancy agreement.
- The landlord must give the tenant a copy.
Complete the move-in condition inspection report
- Before the tenant moves in, the landlord and tenant must complete a condition inspection report together.
- The landlord must give the tenant a copy of the condition inspection report within 14 days of the inspection.
Review the condition inspection reports information sheet.
View all the forms for landlords and tenants.
For questions about landlord and tenant responsibilities at the beginning of a tenancy email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 867-667-5944 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5944.