The Rental Housing Allowances for Families Program helps working families with dependents better afford private market rental housing. It is for families with household incomes that don't qualify them for social housing, but fall below Yukon's median household income. Up to $600 a month may be available to assist families.
- You are a Yukon resident and lived in Yukon for a minimum of 90 days.
- You are currently renting in the private market.
- You are paying more than 30% of your gross income for total shelter costs.
- You must have at least 1 dependent in the home.
- Household assets must be worth less than $100,000.
- You must have at least 1 employed adult in the home.
- You must be in good standing with the Yukon Housing Corporation.
- Contact the Yukon Housing Corporation for detailed eligibility requirements.
Apply to the Rental Housing Allowances for Families Program
- Complete the Rental Housing Allowances for Families Program application.
- Submit the application.
In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This program is in place until March 31, 2019.
For difficulty in applying for assistance to pay your rent for private market rental housing email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.