Apply for assistance to pay your rent (social housing)

The Rent Supplement Enhancement Program matches Yukoners who are eligible for social housing with participating landlords. We pay the median market rent directly to the landlord and the tenant pays us 25% of their income.


  • Individuals, couples and families who qualify for our social housing programs.
  • Your total household income must fall below the established Housing Income Limits for the community.
  • Contact us for detailed eligibility requirements.

Apply for the Rent Supplement Enhancement Program

  1. Complete the Rent Supplement Enhancement Program application.
  2. Submit the application.
    In person: 410 Jarvis Street, Whitehorse, Yukon. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Grant details

There is a total of $1 million for this program, allocated as $250,000 a year over 4 years. The program started on April 1, 2015. It is made possible with contributions by the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation and the Government of Yukon through the Investment in Affordable Housing Agreement.


For difficulty in applying for assistance to pay your rent for social housing email or phone: 867-667-5759 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5759.