Make sure you're familiar with Yukon rental rules and regulations before renting a residential property or unit.
Make sure your property or unit meets rental standards
Complete the tenancy agreement
- Review the tenancy agreement info sheet.
- Complete the tenancy agreement.
- Ensure the form is signed and dated by landlord and tenant.
- Give 1 copy to the tenant and keep 1 for your records.
Collect the security deposit
- Review the deposits info sheet.
- Ensure the security deposit section is filled out on the tenancy agreement.
- Collect deposit. Landlords are only allowed to ask a tenant to pay a security deposit at the start of a tenancy. This amount can't be more than the first month's rent.
Complete the move-in condition inspection report
For questions about landlord responsibilities at the beginning of a tenancy email email@example.com or phone: 867-667-5944 or toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 5944.