The Be a Responsible Server (BARS) is a free program offered to:
- premise managers;
- servers; and
- permit holders.
BARS can be adjusted to suit your specific needs. Some of the topics covered in this program are:
- alcohol and its effects;
- recognizing signs of intoxication;
- prevention techniques;
- checking proof of age;
- server responsibilities; and
- developing house rules, policies, or both.
How to take the BARS program
- Complete and submit the BARS registration form
- Study the BARS manual.
- Complete the BARS test.
- Submit your completed test.
In person: 9031 Quartz Road. Our office is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Yukon Liquor Corporation
9031 Quartz Road
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 4P9
Successful participants will receive their BARS certificate:
- in the mail; or
- you can request a scan via email.
In a classroom
We offer in-person BARS courses in Whitehorse and the rural communities.
Schedule an in-person BARS test
Email email@example.com or phone 667-5245 to schedule an in-person test.