As the Yukon transitions to handling COVID-19 like other respiratory illnesses, the Government of Yukon is cautiously shifting from the acute stage of the pandemic response to part of our ongoing work to support the public health of Yukoners. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and adjust based on the current risk environment.
Starting July 24, 2022, the COVID-19 Testing and Assessment Centre (CTAC) hours of operation will be:
- Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4 pm, and closed between 12 and 12:30 pm;
- Saturday from 8:30 am to 12 pm; and
- closed Sunday.
CTAC will continue to offer lab-based PCR testing to people at high-risk of developing serious illness, such as:
- front line health care workers with direct patient care;
- residents and staff in congregate living;
- individuals over 50;
- people at higher risk for severe disease;
- those who are unvaccinated or partially unvaccinated and are 12 years or older;
- people who are pregnant; and
- others with higher-risk health circumstances.
Appointments are required and can be booked online or by phone at 867-393-3083 in Whitehorse. For rural Yukon communities, please contact the local Community Health Centre to book a lab-based PCR test.
Common COVID-19 symptoms include fever, chills, cough, sore throat, runny nose, loss of sense of taste or smell, headache, fatigue, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea and muscle aches.